- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Columbus and La Isabela
- Chapter 2 The Historical Setting
- Chapter 3 Reluctant Hosts: The Taínos of Hispaniola
- Chapter 4 “Hell in Hispaniola”: La Isabela, 1493–1498
- Chapter 5 The Hand of Vandals and the Tooth of Time: La Isabela, 1500–1987
- Chapter 6 The Medieval Enclave: Landscape, Town, and Buildings
- Chapter 7 A Spartan Domesticity: Household Life in La Isabela's Bohíos
- Chapter 8 God and Glory
- Chapter 9 Commerce and Craft
- Chapter 10 Aftermath
- Chapter 11 Destinies Converged
- Note on Historical Sources
- Columbus's Outpost among the Tainos
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.