- Title Pages
- 1 Cornelius and Peter
- 2 Lying Dream and True Portent
- 3 More Dreams and Portents
- 4 The Visions of Cornelius and Peter
- 5 Local Legend or Homeric Imitation?
- 6 Hector's Farewell to Andromache
- 7 Paul's Farewell to the Ephesian Elders
- 8 Jewish Testament or Homeric Imitation?
- 9 The Selection of Ajax to Face Hector
- 10 The Selection of Matthias to Replace Judas
- 11 Jerusalem Legend or Homeric Imitation?
- 12 Priam's Escape from Achilles and Its Imitators
- 13 Alexander's Escape from Darius
- 14 Peter's Escape from Herod
- 15 Hellenistic Legend or Homeric Imitation?
- Appendix: Greek and Latin Parallels
- Does the New Testament Imitate Homer?
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.