- Title Pages
- Illustrations, music examples and tables
- Abbreviations and Conventions
- Introduction: Saxophone essentials
- Chapter 1 The life and times of Adolphe Sax
- Chapter 2 The saxophone family
- Chapter 3 The saxophone in the nineteenth century
- Chapter 4 Early twentieth-century light and popular music
- Chapter 5 The saxophone in jazz
- Chapter 6 The classical saxophone
- Chapter 7 Modernism and postmodernism
- Chapter 8 The saxophone as symbol and icon
- Appendix: Adolphe Sax's 1846 saxophone patent
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.