- Title Pages
- Russian Literature and Thought
- Introduction: In the Shadow of Literature
- 1 Sound and Discourse: On Russian National Musical Style
- 2 <i>Farewell to the Enchanted Garden: Pushkin, Glinka's</i> Ruslan and Ludmila, <i>and Nicholas's Russia</i>
- 3 Eugene Onegin in the Age of Realism
- 4 Khovanshchina: <i>A Musical Drama, Russian-Style (Wagner and Musorgsky)</i>
- 5 <i>Lost in a Symbolist City: Multiple Chronotopes in Chaikovsky's</i> The Queen of Spades
- 6 A Testimony: Shostakovich's Fourth Symphony and the End of Romantic Narrative
- 7 “Popolo di Pekino”: Musorgsky's Muscovy in Early Twentieth-Century Europe
- Epilogue “Prima la musica, dopo le parole”: Musical Genealogy of a National Anthem
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.