- Title Pages
- Part I Paradoxies
- 1 High and Low in Modernist Criticism
- 2 Old and New in Modernist Art
- 3 Poetry and Rhetoric in the Modernist Montage
- 4 Hard and Soft: Joyce and Others
- Part II Paradoxes
- 5 Durable Fluff: The Importance of Not Being Earnest
- 6 Iridescent Mediocrity: Dornford Yates and Others
- 7 Formulaic Creativity: Simenon's Maigret Novels
- Part III Doxies
- 8 Model Artists in Paris: Hastings, Hamnett, and Kiki
- 9 The Aesthete in the Brothel: Proust and Others
- Works Cited
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.