- Title Pages
- Plates and Maps
- Author’s Note
- 1 Medieval Authors on the Mongols
- 2 The Islamic World and Inner Asian Peoples down to the Mongol Invasion
- 3 The Mongol Westward Advance (1219–53)
- 4 Apportioning and Governing an Empire (c. 1221–c. 1260)
- 5 Hülegü’s Campaigns and Imperial Fragmentation (1253–62)
- 6 Devastation, Depopulation and Revival in the Age of Conquest
- 7 The Era of Inter-Mongol Warfare
- 8 Pax Mongolica and a Transcontinental Traffic
- 9 Mediated Sovereignty
- 10 Unbelieving Monarchs and their Servants
- 11 The Rule of the Infidel
- 12 The Onset of Islamization
- 13 The Onset of Islamization
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
Glossary of Technical Terms
- The Mongols and the Islamic World
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.