- Title Pages
- Preface to the English Edition
- Chapter 1 Interests of the Elite
- Chapter 2 The International Financial System
- Chapter 3 Credit and Crises, 1850 to 1875
- Chapter 4 Coffee Planters
- Chapter 5 Abolition
- Chapter 6 The Encilhamento
- Chapter 7 Orthodox Reaction: The Unsuccessful Phases
- Chapter 8 Stabilization
- Chapter 9 Reflections on Inflation
- Appendix: Public Finance in Brazil
- The Financial Crisis of Abolition
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.