- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 A New Assessment of the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Chapter 2 The Foundations of the System: A Reassessment of the Slave Trade to the Spanish Americas in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
- Chapter 3 The Slave Trade to Pernambuco, 1561–1851
- Chapter 4 The Transatlantic Slave Trade to Bahia, 1582–1851
- Chapter 5 The Origins of Slaves Leaving the Upper Guinea Coast in the Nineteenth Century
- Chapter 6 The African Origins of Slaves Arriving in Cuba, 1789–1865
- Chapter 7 The Significance of the French Slave Trade to the Evolution of the French Atlantic World before 1716
- Chapter 8 The Dutch in the Atlantic World: New Perspectives from the Slave Trade with Particular Reference to the African Origins of the Traffic
- Chapter 9 The Slave Trade of Northern Germany from the Seventeenth to the Nineteenth Centuries
- Chapter 10 The Slave Trade, Colonial Markets, and Slave Families in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, ca. 1790–ca. 1830
- Chapter 11 The Suppression of the Slave Trade and Slave Departures from Angola, 1830s–1860s
- Chapter 12 The Demographic Decline of Caribbean Slave Populations: New Evidence from the Transatlantic and Intra-American Slave Trades
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.