- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Prologue: Coming to America
- Chapter 1 Immigration to the United States
- Chapter 2 Agriculture and Migrants
- Part Two The Changing Face of Rural America
- Chapter 3 California Fruits and Vegetables
- Chapter 4 Florida Sugar, Oranges, and Tomatoes
- Chapter 5 Meat and Poultry
- Part Three Migrant Integration
- Chapter 6 Seasonal Worker Mobility
- Chapter 7 Migrants: The Integration Challenge
- Part Four Whither Rural America?
- Chapter 8 Labor Shortages, Mechanization, and Food Costs
- Chapter 9 Reforming U.S. Immigration Policies
- Chapter 10 Regularize and Rationalize Farm Labor
- Epilogue: The Great Migration
- Appendix 1. Farm Employment, Immigration, and Poverty
- Importing Poverty?
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.