- Title Pages
- <b>Illustrations and Maps</b>
- A Note about Distances, Money and Bibliography
- Introduction Re-opening the ‘Book on Bruce’
- Part One To Be King
- Chapter One Body and Soul Formative Years, 1274–92
- Chapter Two Conflict Earl of Carrick, 1293–99
- Chapter Three Dead End Vacillation, 1300–6
- Chapter Four You Can't Get Away with Murder King Robert, 1306–10
- Chapter Five The Harder they Fall Victory in Scotland, 1310–14
- Part Two After Bannockburn
- Chapter Six The Desperate Hours War and Famine, 1314–17
- Chapter Seven Dark Victory The Price for Berwick, 1317–19
- Chapter Eight Dark Passage In Search of Respite, 1319–22
- Chapter Nine To Have and Have Not King of Scotland, 1322–26
- Chapter Ten Dead Reckoning Peace and Piety, 1326–28
- Chapter Eleven Beat The Devil Preparing for the End, 1328–29
- Conclusion Bruce Kingship and the Legacy of Scotland's Wars, c.1286–c.1329
- Appendix Councils and Parliaments of Robert I, 1306–29
- Robert the Bruce
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.