- Title Pages
- Prologue: The Fire and the Ashes
- Chapter 1 From Dioceses to Parishes
- Chapter 2 Wealth into Benefices
- Chapter 3 Clerics and Clergy
- Chapter 4 The Monastic Orders
- Chapter 5 From Mendicants to Congregations
- Chapter 6 A Silent Revolution
- Chapter 7 The Bishops
- Chapter 8 Remaking the Secular Clergy
- Chapter 9 The Triumph of the Parish?
- Chapter 10 Saints and Shrines
- Chapter 11 Sacraments and Sinners
- Chapter 12 Religion Taught and Learned
- Chapter 13 The Forms and Uses of Spirituality
- Chapter 14 The Many Faces of the Confraternities
- Chapter 15 Dévots: the Pious and the Militant
- Chapter 16 Jansenists: Dissidents but Also Militants
- Church, Society, and Religious Change in France, 1580-1730
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.