- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- Introduction: Surveying Bloomsbury
- Chapter One Godlessness on Gower Street
- Chapter Two Steam Intellect: Diffusing Useful Knowledge
- Chapter Three Gower Street Again: Scandals and Schools
- Chapter Four Bloomsbury Medicine: Letting in the Light
- Chapter Five The British Museum, Panizzi, and the Whereabouts of Russell Square
- Chapter Six Towards the Millennium
- Chapter Seven A ‘Quasi-Collegiate’ Experiment in Gordon Square
- Chapter Eight Educating Women
- Chapter Nine Christian Brotherhood, Co-operation, and Working Men and Women
- Chapter Ten Work and Play in Tavistock Place
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.