- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1 Writing Divine Right
- Chapter 2 Figuring Stuart Dynasty
- Chapter 3 Staging Stuart Dynasty
- Chapter 4 Contesting the King
- Prologue: A Failure Image?
- Chapter 5 The Words and Silences of a King
- Chapter 6 Depicting Virtue and Majesty
- Chapter 7 Performing Sacred Kingship
- Chapter 8 Demystifying Majesty
- Prologue: The Civil War and the Contest for Represntation
- Chapter 9 Wars of Words and Paper Bullets
- Chapter 10 Visual Conflicts and Wars of Signs
- Chapter 11 Rival Rituals and Performances
- Prologue: Representing Republic
- Chapter 12 Writing Republic
- Chapter 13 A Republican Brand?
- Chapter 14 Staging Republic
- Chapter 15 Subverting the Commonwealth
- Prologue: ‘Bring Crownes and Scepters’
- Chapter 16 Proclaiming Protectorate
- Chapter 17 Painting Protectoral Power
- Chapter 18 Protectoral Performances
- Chapter 19 Contesting and Commemorating Cromwell
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.