- Title Pages
- The Lewis Walpole Series in Elghteenth - Century Culture and History
- Notes on Conventions and on Currency
- Persons and Plots
- Chapter 1 Debates on National Security
- Chapter 2 A Trusted Government?
- Chapter 3 “A Tool with so Devilish an Edge”
- Chapter 4 Identity, Honor, and Gender in the Narratives of Informers
- Chapter 5 Credit and Credibility in the Worlds of Richard Kingston
- Chapter 6 Loyalty and Credibility in the Lancashire “Sham Plot”
- Chapter 7 Representation, Politics, and Law in the Assassination Plot
- Manuscript Collections Consulted
- A Plague of Informers
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.