- Title Pages
- 1 Language, Land, and People: Toward the History of Classical Hebrew
- 2 The Origins of Hebrew: In Search of the Holy Tongue
- 3 Early Hebrew Writing
- 4 Linguistic Nationalism and the Emergence of Hebrew
- 5 The Democratization of Hebrew
- 6 Hebrew in Exile
- 7 Hebrew under Imperialism
- 8 Hebrew in the Hellenistic World
- 9 The End and the Beginning of Hebrew
- 10 Epilogue
- A Social History of Hebrew
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.