- Title Pages
- Weights, Measures and Currency
- Chapter One Food Cultures
- Chapter Two Cooking in the Countryside
- Chapter Three The Culture of Drink and Drinking
- Chapter Four Bread, Meat and Dairy Foods
- Chapter Five Sauces and Spices, Sugars and Preserves
- Chapter Six Gardens, Wild Foods, Fish and Hunting
- Chapter Seven Civic Food Culture and the Guilds
- Chapter Eight Foodways and Monastic Institutions
- Chapter Nine The Elite Table
- Chapter Ten Cooks and Kitchens, Dietetics and Foods
- Chapter Eleven Hunger and Famine
- Chapter Twelve Food and Popular Mentalities
- The Culture of Food in England 1200–1500
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.