- Title Pages
- A Note on Translations and Orthography
- An Introduction to History and Myth in Early Modern Spain
- 1 The Forger between Friends and Enemies in Toledo
- 2 The Jesuits, the Inquisition, and History
- 3 How to Forge a History
- 4 Jews, Arabic-Speakers, and New Saints
- 5 The Debut of the Chronicles
- 6 In Defense of Local Saints
- 7 Flawed Texts and the Negotiation of Authenticity
- 8 The <i>Cronicones</i> in Local Religion
- 9 The Politics of the <i>Cronicones</i> in Madrid and Rome
- 10 From Apocrypha to Forgery
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.