- Title Pages
- Yale Agrarian Studies Series
- Chapter 1 Introducing Chars Where Lands Float on Water
- Chapter 2 <i>Char Jage</i> a Char Rises
- Chapter 3 Controlling the River to Free Up Land
- Chapter 4 Bhitar O Bahir Katha Inside and Outside Stories of Chars and the Mainland
- Chapter 5 Silent Footfalls
- Chapter 6 Living with Risk
- Chapter 7 Livelihoods Defined by Water
- Chapter 8 Living on Chars, Drifting with Rivers
- Appendix: Full Census Data for Surveyed Chars
- Dancing with the River
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.