- Title Pages
- Circa 1743
- 1. Anna Maria Garthwaite, 1688–1763
- 2. The Clergyman’s Daughter with a Designer’s Imagination
- 3. “An English and Even a Female Hand”
- 4. Designing the Botanical Landscape of Empire
- 5. Simon Julins, c. 1686/8–1778
- 6. Industry, Idleness, and Protest
- 7. “Boys and Girls and All”
- 8. Anne Shippen Willing, 1710–1791
- 9. “As I Am an American”
- 10. Hanging the Portrait
- 11. Emulating Colonists
- 12. Robert Feke, c. 1707–c. 1751
- 13. The Bermuda Group in Newport
- 14. Painting New Eden in New England
- 15. “ ’Tis Said the Arts Delight to Travel Westward”
- 16. 1763
- Note on Sources and Methodology
- Portrait of a Woman in Silk
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.