- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration and Method
- Introduction The Caucasus as Region, Literature as Method
- One The Abrek in Soviet Chechen Literature
- Two Regulating Rebellion
- Three The Georgian Poetics of Insurgency
- Four Violence as Recognition, Recognition as Violence
- Epilogue Transgression as Sanctity?
- Appendix I The Abrek in Caucasus Vernacular Literatures
- Appendix II Georgian Text of Titsian Tabidze, “Gunib,” <i>Rcheuli natsarmoebi</i> 1:106
- Chronology of Texts, Authors, and Events
- Writers and Rebels
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.