- Title Pages
- Chapter One Israel, Judah, and the Birth of Scripture
- Chapter Two The Birth of Monotheism
- Chapter Three Judah’s Survival
- Chapter Four Jerusalem’s Destruction and Babylonian Exile
- Chapter Five Abraham and Exile
- Chapter Six The Story of Moses
- Chapter Seven The Return Home
- Chapter Eight Traumatic Crystallization of Scripture
- Chapter Nine Christianity’s Founding Trauma
- Chapter Ten The Traumatized Apostle
- Chapter Eleven The Traumatic Origins of Judaism and Christianity
- Chapter Twelve The Posttraumatic Gospel
- Appendix Contemporary Study of Trauma and Ancient Trauma
- Select Bibliography on Bible and Trauma
- Holy Resilience
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.