- Title Pages
- Chapter One Lucy and John James Audubon’s Influence on Grinnell
- Chapter Two Grinnell’s Audubon Society
- Chapter Three Introduction to Grinnell’s Writings
- Chapter Four The Life of John James Audubon
- Chapter Five The Character of John James Audubon
- Chapter Six Incidents of Audubon’s Life
- Chapter Seven Audubonian Sketches
- Chapter Eight Biography of Alexander Wilson
- Chapter Nine Introduction to Grinnell’s Monthly Birds
- Chapter Ten Grinnell’s Monthly Birds I
- Chapter Eleven Grinnell’s Monthly Birds II
- Chapter Twelve Epilogue: Grinnell’s Achievements
- Appendix 1 Other Early and Recent Biographies of Audubon
- Appendix 2 Producing Audubon’s <i>Birds of America</i> and Grinnell’s Monthly Birds
- Appendix 3 Timeline: Alexander Wilson
- Appendix 4 Timeline: John James Audubon and Lucy Bakewell Audubon
- Appendix 5 Timeline: George Bird Grinnell
April 26, 1785–January 27, 1851 and January 18, 1787–June 18, 1874
- Spare the Birds!
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.