- Title Pages
- Authors' Note
- Chapter 1 Introduction: States, Markets, and Inequality
- Chapter 2 South African Society on the Eve of Apartheid
- Chapter 3 Social Change and Income Inequality Under Apartheid
- Chapter 4 Apartheid as a Distributional Regime
- Chapter 5 The Rise of Unemployment Under Apartheid
- Chapter 6 Income Inequality at Apartheid's End
- Chapter 7 Social Stratification and Income Inequality at the End of Apartheid
- Chapter 8 Did the Unemployed Constitute an Underclass?
- Chapter 9 Income Inequality After Apartheid
- Chapter 10 The Post-Apartheid Distributional Regime
- Chapter 11 Transforming the Distributional Regime
- Class, Race, and Inequality in South Africa
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.