- Title Pages
- Arming Slaves and Helots in Classical Greece
- The Mamlūk Institution, or One Thousand Years of Military Slavery in the Islamic World
- Armed Slaves and Political Authority in Africa in the Era of the Slave Trade, 1450–1800
- Making the Chikunda: Military Slavery and Ethnicity in Southern Africa, 1750–1900
- Transforming Bondsmen into Vassals: Arming Slaves in Colonial Spanish America
- Arming Slaves in Brazil from the Seventeenth Century to the Nineteenth Century
- Arming Slaves in the American Revolution
- The Arming of Slaves in the Haitian Revolution
- Citizen Soldiers: Emancipation and Military Service in the Revolutionary French Caribbean
- The Slave Soldiers of Spanish South America: From Independence to Abolition
- Armed Slaves and the Struggles for Republican Liberty in the U.S. Civil War
- Armed Slaves and Anticolonial Insurgency in Late Nineteenth-Century Cuba
- The Arming of Slaves in Comparative Perspective
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.