NEW HAVEN & LONDON
- (p.iv) Published with assistance from the foundation established in memory of
- Philip Hamilton McMillan of the Class of 1894, Yale College.
- Copyright © 2018 by Yale University. All rights reserved. This book
- may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, including illustrations, in
- any form (beyond that copying permitted by Sections 107 and 108 of the
- U.S. Copyright Law and except by reviewers for the public press), without
- written permission from the publishers.
- Yale University Press books may be purchased in quantity for
- educational, business, or promotional use. For information, please e-mail
- firstname.lastname@example.org (U.S. office) or email@example.com (U.K. office).
- Set in Scala type by Integrated Publishing Solutions.
- Printed in the United States of America.
- Library of Congress Control Number: 2018933624
- ISBN 978-0-300-12182-7 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- A catalogue record for this book is available from the British Library.
- This paper meets the requirements of ANSI/NISO Z39.48-1992
- (Permanence of Paper).
- 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1