- Title Pages
- Yale Law Library Series in Legal History and Reference
- 1 The Old Regime
- 2 Bargaining Outlawed
- 3 A Regulatory Nightmare
- 4 A Government Capable of Saying No
- 5 State and Local Taxation
- 6 Federal Taxation
- 7 Criminal Prosecution
- 8 Incarceration
- 9 Naval Warfare
- Appendix: Public Prosecutors' Dates of Transition from Fees to Salaries, by Jurisdiction
The Salary Revolution in American Government, 1780–1940
- Against the Profit Motive
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.