- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Chapter One The Revolution, 1917–1919
- Chapter Two The Civil War, 1919–1921
- Chapter Three The New Economic Policy, 1921–1926
- Chapter Four Stalin Consolidates Power, 1926–1927
- Chapter Five The First Five-Year Plan, 1928–1932
- Chapter Six The Second Five-Year Plan And The Great Terror, 1933–1938
- Chapter Seven The Great Patriotic War, 1939–1945
- Chapter Eight The Cold War Begins, 1946–1953
- Chapter Nine The So-Called Thaw And The Refrigeration, 1954–1963
- Chapter Ten Innovation Within Stagnation, 1964–1984
- Chapter Eleven Glasnost’ And Perestroika, 1985–1992
- The Soviet Theater
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.