- Title Pages
- Plates, Maps, Figures and Tables
- Abbreviations, Currency, Weights and Measures
- Chapter 1 Plague and Public Health in Italy and Europe
- Chapter 2 The Invasion of Plague in Early Modern Italy
- Chapter 3 Medicine, the Environment and the Poor
- Chapter 4 Plague and Public Health: Treating the Body of the City and the Body of the Poor
- Chapter 5 The Impact of Plague and Quarantine
- Chapter 6 Religion in the Time of Plague
- Chapter 7 Lazaretti and Isolation: ‘More Feared than Death Itself’?
- Chapter 8 Surviving Plague
- Epilogue The Return and End of Plague, 1632–3
- Florence Under Siege
- Yale University Press
Yale Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.